Motivational Suicide Prevention Public Speaker – Mental Health – Stigma – Depression – QPR – TEDx – Lived Experience
Healthcare professionals are at greater risk for suicide according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Occupational Suicide List. This has led state departments of health to recommend or require these professionals to receive suicide prevention training.
Frank King, The Mental Health Comedian and Registered Nurse, LPN and ARNP Suicide Prevention Speaker, works with healthcare teams to develop effective suicide prevention strategies within their practices. Participants learn how to recognize warning signs associated with suicide, understand how to start a conversation, and offer support through referrals. By participating in this course, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of both co-workers and patients.
As a former writer for The Tonight Show, Frank knows how to infuse humor into his content and uses personal experience to highlight the importance of suicide prevention. Frank illustrates how suicide prevention practices reduce harm as well as facilitate a healthier, more productive, and more profitable practice. Participants will gain a holistic understanding of mental health challenges in the workplace and learn how to reduce workplace stress, improve practice culture, and promote both patient and team well-being.
- Recognize the prevalence of death by suicide and the importance of prevention practices within the workplace
- Learn the epidemiology, etiology and risk factors of suicidal behavior
- Discover strategies for screening, assessing, and reducing the risk of suicide
- Understand special concerns, risk factors and interventions related to military veterans
- Identify self-injurious behaviors and what objects, substances, and actions are common in suicide attempts
- Highlight the management and treatment modalities for patients at risk for suicide, including best practices for connecting the patient to
- Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct suicide Postvention
- Comprehend the relationship between workplace stress and suicide and learn valuable techniques to stress-less at work
Suggested Formats: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners