Motivational Suicide Prevention Public Speaker – Mental Health – Stigma – Depression – QPR – TEDx – Lived Experience
Healthcare professionals are at greater risk for suicide according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Occupational Suicide List. This has led state departments of health to recommend or require these professionals to receive suicide prevention training.
Frank King, The Mental Health Comedian
As a former writer for The Tonight Show, Frank knows how to infuse humor into his content and uses personal experience to highlight the importance of suicide prevention. Frank illustrates how suicide prevention practices reduce harm as well as facilitate a healthier, more productive, and more profitable practice. Participants will gain a holistic understanding of mental health challenges in the workplace and learn how to reduce workplace stress, improve practice culture, and promote both customer and team well-being.
- Recognize the prevalence of death by suicide and the importance of prevention practices within the workplace
- Learn the epidemiology, etiology and risk factors of suicidal behavior
- Discover strategies for screening, assessing, and reducing the risk of suicide
- Understand special concerns, risk factors and interventions related to military veterans
- Identify self-injurious behaviors and what objects, substances, and actions are common in suicide attempts
- Highlight the management and treatment modalities for patients at risk for suicide, including best practices for connecting the patient to referral
- Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct suicide Postvention
- Comprehend the relationship between workplace stress and suicide and learn valuable techniques to stress-less at work
Suggested Formats: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Osteopathic Physicians and Team Members